I'm sure it wouldn't surprise you if we told you that 2020 didn't go as planned for us. But that doesn't mean it was all bad. We actually had a lot of good things happen, silver linings if you will, amidst the 2020 dumpster fire. With that being said, we are looking FORWARD to 2021 because we have a lot of awesome stuff we are excited to build upon.
First, let's take a look back and take stock of the good things that came with 2020:
- We survived a 10 week shut-down. Unfortunately not every business made it through.
- We won Best of Kenosha in the Fitness Center category, first time since 2017! We are super happy to have this title back in our grasp.
- We had the foresight to evolve beyond our roots as a CrossFit gym - we still love CrossFit and always will, but it's not all we are now.
- We had the opportunity to expand our facility, adding a new Health Studio and Massage Therapy room, with a kickass smoothie bar in the works for 2021!
- We started an awesome Bootcamp program that we are excited to keep developing in 2021.
Now, let's look at what's in store for us this year
- As already mentioned, we will be launching the Harbor Bar this year, our in house smoothie and protein shake bar!
- We've already launched our HFA - our new Health and Fitness Assessment tool that allows us to pinpoint exactly how your doing in these 4 major areas: Physical activity, Nutrition, Stress and Habits. The HFA will help us make improvements as quickly as possible, giving you the results you want as quickly as possible! <== if this is something you are interested in taking, let us know!
- We will be adding a GE Lunar Prodigy Bone Density and Composition body scanner - this is a state of the art piece of technology that gives a full scan and breakdown of your body fat, muscle mass and bone density from head to toe. The best part? It has a 99% accuracy rating.
- We can't wait to get back to in-person events. Last year we had to cancel most of our events, but we are optimistic we'll be able to resume them this year, including WOD & Wine (a crowd favorite for years), our Nautical Mile in-house competition, the 2021 CrossFit Open, and more!
- Lastly, we plan on adding a full-fledged nutrition program to either compliment our members training or to create a starting point for those who aren't able to exercise but need to get their health under control.
As you can see, we have a lot planned for this year! We hope you are as excited as we are for it all. 2020 sprouted a dark forest around us all, and while we aren't out of the woods yet, we know there are a lot of great things we can accomplish this year. We hope you join us for it all!